Monday, February 27, 2012

But I dont want to bulk up...

I hear this alot. My wife has said it and so has my daughter. I have heard this from almost every girl when it comes to crossfit. I get what they're saying, I really do. Due to our society the only images our ladies can associate with "extreme fitness" is badly over-tanned veiny steroid freaks in body building magazines, and the women in these magazines are gross (so are the men btw), not to mention scary. I always try to dispel these images by telling the ladies to look at olympic athletes like in track & field or gymnastics or even pro female tennis stars. Being healthy and fit is the same thing as being strong and sexy...guys we need to drive this message home as much as possible, our ladies are beautiful and we can help them realize this. Women are the stronger sex (I site the fact that they have babies every day and if it were up to guys, we would not go through that process at all), and it's up to us to help them see it. So I leave you with this, when your girl says she doesn't want to WOD with you because she dosnt want to "bulk" up, show her this...

No comments:

Post a Comment